Thursday, November 5, 2020

November 5, 2020

November 5, 2020 

Here we are, in the midst of Schroedinger’s election - the votes all cast and yet there is no “winner” until they are all counted. Sitting in this no-mans-land, this purgatory, this liminal space I am both anxious and hopeful. Grateful that we haven’t seen violence here, but apprehensive about it’s coming. 

I’m grateful to be in California, in some ways it’s own nation state that aligns more to my own personal politics. I’m also grateful for friends in other states who are doing their best to taint them blue. I wonder about my foreign friends and relatives, reluctant to visit the states these last 4 years even before the pandemic shut down international travel. 

The wait is frustrating, but it also puts us in a sort of suspended animation. We’re paused, the campaigning is over, and the results? They will come, they will be disputed, recounted, and ultimately confirmed or rejected. 

In the meantime, I’ll go to work, walk the dogs, and scroll through my feeds. I could probably make better use of this time, this moment of pause at the brink of uncertainty. Then again, maybe this is just a moment to savor, to take a breath, to be without a long-term goal, a long exhale, to reflect and prepare. It will not last. 



No comments:

Post a Comment