Tuesday, December 21, 2021

December 21, 2021

It’s happening again

Last night I found out that a restaurant we ate at with some friends on Friday, closed due to a staff member coming down with Covid. All of us were vaxed and boosted, so time and circumstances make it very unlikely that any of us will end up with Covid . And yet, there is this persistent anxiety. With breakout cases, new variants, there is always a risk.


In this case I feel more anxiety because the place we went was my suggestion, so I feel some responsibility for any ill outcome for my friends. This seems a new phase of the pandemic, whether there are any forced closures, or stay at home orders or not, the anxiety I feel makes me want to isolate, stay safe, keep others safe.


As the new year looms, I see events coming up on my calendar that I’m not sure will happen. This is, not sure I want to host or attend something that will cause these days of anxiety - not sure its worth it. For the moment, its one day at a time as I listen to my freinds, follow the news and see how this all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment