Friday, July 3, 2020

July 3, 2020

July 3, 2020 

Up late making potato salad for tomorrow’s social distancing BBQ - my mom’s recipe, so halfway through I had to pull out one of my mom’s wine glasses and give myself a generous pour from the box. Cheers mom, I wish you were here - but then again the way things have evolved recently you’d be reliving your wartime memories, so perhaps it is best that you now Rest In Peace - just know there are still moments that you’re here with me. 


With Lisa doing overnights I’m living a weird double life. She leaves at Nine at I suddenly have a burst of productivity, doing those chores I’ve been avoiding all day, dishes, laundry, etc. But lately I’ve also been falling down the Sound Cloud rabbit hole. It usually starts with an Instagram post from some random person I follow in France, Belgium, or Japan - some musical link that catches my ear, that I’ll Shazam or look up and follow a trail - the genres are not limited so I’m listening to Eurorap with Billie Brelok, New French pop with SuperBravo, or contemporary punk with Lungbutter. Regardless, I can’t seem to get enough new music, and so I find myself drifting into the next day with absolutely no regrets. 

We’ve been relaxing our quarantine lately, we’ve eaten out now in a couple places even while it seems that option will be restricted once again - and honestly probably should. Still I’m missing the brunches and dinner parties we used to have and that play of group Solidarity mixed with intimate tête-à-têtes. Tomorrow we’ll spend the afternoon with some friends and neighbors - cocktails, BBQ, conversation - to fill some of that gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment