Saturday, January 2, 2021

January 2, 2021

January 2, 2021 

It’s a new year and this year I get to start it off with a medical procedure, a colonoscopy to be exact - my new doctor in reviewing my chart noted I was overdue. So after all the indulgences of the holidays I get to start things off with a cleanse. Today started the first round of restrictions, no fiber, no raw veggies, no nuts, no seeds, no whole wheat. Tomorrow I move on to clear liquids - oh and a COVID test - results required before the Monday procedure. 


Honestly, I’m surprised it’s still scheduled. It’s been postponed twice already for various reasons including the need to be performed at a hospital. With COVID cases hitting new highs daily, I’m surprised they have room for me. Lisa gets to drop me off and pick me up, not being allowed in the building herself, and with the current closures can maybe do a drive through Starbucks and wait in the car - do parking lots have WiFi now? I’ll be glad when this is behind me, the electoral votes counted, the inauguration performed, and the spikes from Christmas and New Year, start their hopeful decline. There are still obstacles to overcome, but at least for the moment, a path is suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment