Saturday, January 23, 2021

January 23, 2021



The last day of my 58th year - the night before steeped in talk of mortality, how we have honored the dead, how we hope ourselves will be honored, or remembered, the absurdity the transience of life where the tragic can transform instantly to the comedic and the quickly back again. One step closer. 

Today, it was partaking in one of those rituals of remembrance, this one for my mom, sharing one of her favorite things, a fondu with friends. A long slow dinner party preparing intimate bites between sips and stories. To my friends this is now a ritual associated with me, to my mom this was a ritual associated with her sister. A monument in practice, a tradition perhaps, but one that evolves with each iteration. 

Tonight the conversation continues with no agenda but to connect with each other, to be present in the moment. Memento Vivere - the future will come regardles

No comments:

Post a Comment