Thursday, June 11, 2020

June 10, 2020

June 10, 2020 

Moved my car again for street sweeping, still a full tank 3 months later. The spider webs are now accumulating twigs, leaves, and other vegetation, soon my car will evolve into a mobile shrubbery. Rumor has it that my work is planning on selling their downtown headquarters, which is sad because working downtown was one of my favorite things about my work. Of course the downtown I loved doesn’t exist anymore, vanished like Weimar Berlin - or perhaps just biding away for now as outdoor cafes seem ready to spring into existence. 

I’ve been trying to stay in the moment by focusing on what is the best thing I can do now - sometimes, that’s nap, do the dishes, or make that doctors appointment - but I find I need some future thinking to keep me motivated, thoughts about where I’m headed, what I hope to accomplish - how to create that philosophy store, or epicurean garden. 

Disneyland announced it would try to open on its 65th birthday (July 17, 2020). Most people I know think it’s too soon, but one of my goals for the year was to attend Disneyland’s birthday so I’m sort of torn about it, as if It were to happen at all I’d go alone and then probably have to go into a 14 day quarantine. But I have a number of things on my 2020 list that I can no longer do as I originally imagined. It’s probably time to revisit that list and modify it accordingly - find my post-COVID, pre-election goals that go beyond exploiting my privilege yet bring me some sense of fulfillment. Everything is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment