Sunday, June 21, 2020

June 21, 2020

June 21, 2020 

Father’s Day, Solstice, another weekend down. This weekend we brought in gardeners to clear weeds, cut back vines, trim trees - and I have to say they transformed our environment in a matter of hours. I keep thinking this is something I should be able to do myself, but at the rate I was going, I could barely keep up with the new growth. I have to thank Lisa for making it happen, bypassing my best intentions. 

This afternoon we spent some time putting the patio furniture back in place, cleaning off the tables, the fountain and then just sitting back with the dogs, having a beer in our backyard - mild summer day. That’s all I really wanted - and now I have it on the first day of Summer. I will enjoy that space. 

Friday I had my first post- Covid doctors appointment. It was in person, so missed out on the telemedicine experience, but there was blood work to be had. I’ve gained the Covid 19, I knew that - but now it’s clear that work at home is here to stay and I’ll have to work in some new habits to a be more active, probably walking the neighborhood without the pugs. All this is transitioning my way of thinking, that this is a temporary moment instead of a permanent shift. Sure, there is more change to come - but these changes will be more about new situations than returning to anything familiar.



No comments:

Post a Comment