Friday, June 5, 2020

June 5, 2020

June 5, 2020 

Another week down, this one filled with curfews, angers, and fears. Lisa has work again which has brought us downtown at least once a day - I don’t know which is more surreal, the empty streets of Covid we saw last, or this week’s boarded store fronts patrolled by the National Guard. I keep hearing that restrictions are being eased, but it seems even more places are closed. 

I see in Paris, The cafes and streets crowded with the mostly unmasked, celebrating their release from quarantine and a return to normal life. I don’t see that happening for us anytime soon. And yet, tomorrow I have a hair appointment - so hows that for a moment of denial and privilege? It’s almost embarrassing considering the ongoing struggles taking place across the nation. But it will feel good to support a friend and small business.



No comments:

Post a Comment