Tuesday, September 15, 2020

September 15, 2020

September 15, 2020 

In my dog walk tonight, I looked up an easily saw Jupiter in the night sky. It has been days since I’ve seen anything but smoke and a cherry red sun. More than that, the smoke and ash did a number on my sinuses, sneezing, coughing, eyes watering - allergies or Covid? 

 In these times you can’t take chances. To be sick is one thing, to get others sick something else - despite the certainty of the fires and their effect on the air, I stayed home to wait it out. Tonight though, seeing Jupiter, planet of luck and abundance I felt the tides have shifted for me. 

 Of course, seeing Jove - I knew Saturn was also nearby and I could also make out that faint dot - Saturn/Cronus, father of the Gods who consumed them as they were born, yet also a planet signifying wealth if not cruelty. Perhaps this is a time of cruel abundance, profit to be made from misfortune - or acts of cruelty to be perpetrated in response to our fears. I am happy to see the planets again, but I worry about what might be next on the horizon.



No comments:

Post a Comment