Monday, September 7, 2020

September 7, 2020

September 7, 2020 

1AM - just back from a dog walk. Finally temps below 80 so the pugs can take it. Now home, settled in after some treats and they’re ready to call it a day. 

I finished another book today - the Plague, which I started before at the beginning of the pandemic. Part of me Wants to say that now that I finally finished, the pandemic itself can come to an end. The book itself is uncannily timely and the observations spot on from how people react to their personal evolutions through fear, fatigue, and desire. I can only imagine how our own aftermaths will unfold from adulation to a continuing grief. We’ll all be marked for certain. 

Meanwhile as we sheltered in AC to avoid the 105+ temps outside, I took on the task of trying to recreate a cocktail of bourbon, pomegranate, and lemon - delightfully fresh aperitif with a velvety finish - I think I’ve got close, so another win for the day. 

I’ve been making a conscious effort to focus on what I accomplish each day, before I take a look at the unchecked items of my to-do list. When I start there, I feel like Sisyphus watching the rock roll down the hill and feel either resentment or despair - or both. I wonder if I’ve passed my point of wallowing, now that I seem to be getting a few things done - or I’ve just adjusted my expectations to reflect what I really can do? Regardless, I’m feeling better at the moment - so I’ll take that while it lasts.



No comments:

Post a Comment