Tuesday, September 8, 2020

September 8, 2020

September 8, 2020 

Yellow skies again 
Fires still burning 
While snow starts to fall 

Labor Day turns back to a day of labor and I pretend to work gazing into my unopened emails. There are meetings - and I take illegible notes that I’ll decipher over tomorrow’s coffee. My to-do list grows. 

I think about sending notes to my friends, to let them know I’m still thinking of them - I fear we are growing ap I don’t want too get used to this but I fear I am. New routines and rhythms have already been adopted - I need to make sure they include the the things I keep overlooking. 

Slowly I am making progress. I’m a patient man but my impatience wares on me - so I look for the small victories I can celebrate everyday. There will always be more I could have done, but to do something, anything to move me forward needs to be acknowledged. Progress can happen, like the wildflowers growing in the garden - unnoticed till they all start to bloom. The roots are taking hold




No comments:

Post a Comment