Wednesday, May 13, 2020

May 13, 2020

May 13, 2020 

We’ve hit the two month mark, and once again this might only be the halfway mark - but halfway to what?  

I’ve started to pair my podcast listening with my dog walks so slowly catching up on my backlog. I’ve gained the weekends, but my 2+ hours a day commute is hard to compete with. I’m still spending too much time on social media, but I’ve stopped all the refreshing of the Covid stat websites. I still look on occasion as various parties claim things are getting better, to confirm they are really getting worse. 

I haven’t finished a single book in the past two months. I saw an article about the reason it is so difficult to read now, but I only got as far as the headline. That said, poetry has caught my ear on more than a few occasions and I wonder if that’s the medium I need to explore right now - something to transcend the memes and the latest opinion piece on mask etiquette. 

Work continues to take up my productive time - not that I’m terribly productive, but after working I have a hard time getting motivated to do any of the things around the house I’d like to do. 

 I haven’t made bread, or composed a replica of a Getty artwork using toilet paper rolls, but earlier in the week I crafted a decent champagne cocktail. We all have our preferred media. Exploring the bar, I mixed some gin, absinthe, a little maraschino topped off with Prosecco - Death in the Cherry Orchard, it seemed to hit the spot. Tonight though, it’s bourbon on ice. Some days are steeped in entropy, but there are little victories on the way. Perhaps these wins will lead to clues on how the next weeks or months unfold? Or at least where the pleasure may lie.



No comments:

Post a Comment