Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May 26, 2020

May 26, 2020 

On Monday of Memorial Day Weekend, I finally took on the front yard as the weeds were getting some height and we’ve already had our warnings from the city. In retrospect I should have done this on Saturday or Sunday when it was cooler, but procrastination doesn’t work that way. Meanwhile the vines are reclaiming the backyard - maybe next weekend. 

Today it’s back to work, and as things open up I wonder how they’ll work. It already seems that some people feel we’re done and everything’s okay. Most of the people I know will probably continue to shelter in place for now. I have an opthamologist appointment next week, which will mark the first time a stranger will be in my face. Later that week I’ve a tentative hair appointment scheduled - more likely to occur since it will take place across county lines, but if it doesn’t - I’m getting to ponytail length so I may resurrect my look from the 90s. 

 Our neighborhood seems to have broken out the fireworks and explosives for the Summer. Fireworks are illegal in Long Beach which means nothing to the crowd who feel their rights are being infringed upon. Not to mention it’s nearly impossible to stop. Dashiell is now afraid to go out at night, and honestly I don’t blame him as skyrockets which at least leave a sparkly trail to enjoy have been replaced by window rattling explosions. Somehow I thought the current environment would suppress such things, but I guess spending time in same place just makes you want to blow shit up. Me, is just like to go have a beer somewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment