Sunday, May 3, 2020

May 3, 2020

May 3, 2020 

Today I was stopped in my tracks taking out the trash by a half dozen butterflies fluttering about me. Of course as anyone else in this day and age I quickly pulled out my cellphone to capture this delicate ballet and was not disappointed. The aerial dance went on and I was just another object to be circumnavigated or avoided. I was delighted and as I added this edition to my Instagram feed I couldn’t help but notice how much of my feed has become a celebration of our urban flora and fauna. 

Perhaps it’s spring. It’s hard not to notice the season’s stunning entrance with the profusion of blooms and now all these butterflies making their appearance. Perhaps it’s just that these otherwise subtle changes leap out of the monotony. Whichever it is, I can’t deny that noticing these things delight me and being me pleasure. An extension of gratitude I suppose, an acknowledgement of lives conducted independent, parallel, and indifferent to my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment