Friday, May 8, 2020

May 8, 2020

May 8, 2020 

Today was the first easing of restrictions for Californians. Small retail is now open. Not that I went out to buy anything. The day went as many others in the past. I worked from home, had a cocktail when I finished, made dinner, walked and fed the dogs, had a video chat with friends. 

I suppose I now have a few more alternatives - book stores, for example should be open - of course amazon already killed the local bookstores I would have loved to have visited. Not sure if the library is open yet. I’m waiting for that one because in order to complete the acquisition of a library card, they have to verify my identity in person. Until I do that, I can’t access any of their online content. Meanwhile we’re exploring refinancing our house - so far every transaction has been completed with a phone call or a phone app. I guess the final paperwork will require a physical meeting, but no mention of that yet. 

This weekend we will pick up some more plants for the garden. Perhaps we’ll take a drive. I would like to see all the ships in the harbor - I hears their horns echoing across the morning clouds. I’d also like to see the bioluminescence that’s going on with the current red tide. The parking lots remain closed, but I figure there must be a way to get close enough to see it. 

More things can be open, but I’ve got my routine. Maybe when the museums and galleries return? I really miss stopping to have breakfast or a beer while going about our day - but last week we stockpiled on all the things we need and those places are way down on the list to eventually reopen. So until then, I guess we’ll keep keeping to ourselves and watch to see if the numbers rise or fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment