Friday, April 10, 2020

April 10, 2020

April 10, 2020 

Today we passed the 28 day mark. The week passed quickly, and while it seems unfathomable that this will continue another month, should that happen this would mark the midpoint. 

That said, I think Today I touched upon the point where the endearing becomes annoying as I found myself descending an internet wormhole. Riunite - that “wine” once sold as some exotic Italian vintage, sophisticated yet delicious and available in flavors to pair with any cuisine. They had a catchy jingle “Riunite on ice, it’s nice” which in my research remained mostly unchanged through the 70s and 80s. I was delighted to find so many of their 30 second commercials archived in YouTube. The camp, the fashion, the clichés, the forced attempts at diversity and branding. They introduces new products, Spumante and Peach Moscato - sold with an 80s workout theme - so fresh so peach... 

There’s a rule of 3 in repetition, that three repeats establish a pattern, anymore and monotony sets in. While I was delighted with my internet find, Lisa was done at the 4th playing of the jingle. The freshness of the peach version did not add enough variety - so I ended my research project (for now) in the interest of our long term harmony - particularly as we me be at this for at least another month. Pick your projects carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment