Wednesday, April 15, 2020

April 15,2020

April 15, 2020 

Tax Day, or so my calendar says (not getting the Covid update). I suppose that’s one silver lining in all this, at least for a procrastinator like myself. Since last year’s “tax cut” resulted in us paying more taxes I’ve been reluctant to calculate this years damage. I suppose this allows me to spend a little more time in denial - but of the two certainties, death and taxes, I’ll ultimately choose the latter - but I’ve still got time for that. 

I understand that people are starting to receive their relief checks. Again, I’m grateful to be working so I’m okay for the moment. Still working out how the situation affects my own personal economics, to be sure I’m spending much less on gas. 

I actually drove my car for the first time in 2 weeks. We’ve been using Lisa’s car to do our shopping, mine has been sitting idle in front of our house but I flipped a U-ie to park on the other side of the street - for street sweeping - my 2-minute 5MPH drive. Nice to see the car’s still working, probably won’t need to take it to a gas station till sometime in August. I guess the lesson for me here is if I worked from home, we could easily lose a car. Something else to consider what the post-Covid world might look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment