Monday, April 20, 2020

April 20, 2020

April 20, 2020 

Last week the batteries died in our “smart scale” and I still haven’t replaced them. Of course prior to their death the numbers on the scale were just getting larger. So yeah my failure to replace the batteries is probably another manifestation of denial. 

It’s no surprise really. When I was going to work in DTLA I was taking the metro and doing a fare amount of walking on top of the dog walks - I mean it wasn’t training for a marathon but it was regular activity and a sort of ambient exercise. Aside from the weight I’m no longer tracking, my Fitbit tells me my resting heartbeat is getting faster while my steps get fewer. 

There was a time in this thing to load up on Costco sized snacks, gallon jugs of M&Ms, and peanut butter. But now starting week 6 it may be time to put the new batteries into the scale, pay attention to what I’m eating so I don’t put myself at even more risk, and find some ways to move a bit more so pulling weeds doesn’t exhaust me. After all I have no idea when I’ll return to the office, and already know when that happens, I’ll be discouraged from taking public transit so the habits I can form now have a chance at some longevity - at least for the foreseeable future.



No comments:

Post a Comment