Tuesday, April 28, 2020

April 28, 2020

April 28, 2020 

I was a little more productive today, cleaned the cat fountains, put the month old registration sticker on the car, and even spent some time clearing clutter in my home office to make it a bit more functional. I expect that the moment I turn it into a truly comfortable workspace, “shelter at home” will be rescinded and I’ll be driving into work again. 

Then Again I’m sure my workplace like many others are thinking about just how much office space they really need. Maybe we won’t be coming back - at least full time. 

One possibility I’m hoping to come out of this is the death of the open office concept - all those shared spaces designed to maximize human interaction also great for spreading viruses - Covid as well as others. I also hope this also kills attendance policies that celebrate and encourage perfect attendance - aka the folks most likely to come in sick, wearing their coughs and sneezes as a badge of honor, feeding the billionaires with their relentless “productivity.” 

Anyway, I’m starting to get comfortable with a few things of this new life. I miss human interaction of course, but there are some things I could get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment