Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April 1, 2020

April 1, 2020 

Today’s a hard one. Perhaps it’s the residual hopelessness in thinking about how much is out of my control and how I still cling to certain routines to distract me. This will pass, to be sure but still have anxiety about what lays on the other side. I can’t bring myself to think of future plans as this stasis keeps moving forward in 14 day increments. 

Still, I’m trying to find ways to indulge in certain pleasures, while I can’t dine at favorite restaurants I still can get take out, while I can’t see my friends I can still connect in social media, while we can’t go on vacation, we can still get in the car and drive. I’m lucky to have Lisa and the creatures with me. It may be cliche, but taking a moment for gratitude is what saves me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment