Saturday, April 4, 2020

April 4, 2020

April 4, 2020 

Today was a drink whiskey and eat peanut butter straight out of the jar kind of day. 

I had a list if easy tasks to do today including replacing some burnt out light bulbs. So there’s a reason lightbulb we’re available in abundance at Costco - they are awful. That bright blue light that you only used to be able to get from fluorescents - I swear just seeing them makes you hear that buzz in some sort of mnemonic synthesia. Anyway the simple task of replacing a bulb turned into a task of matching light warmth across different fixtures. An hour later, our kitchen looks fine but our dinning room now looks like an operating theater - sigh - there is a trip to Home Depot in my future. 

But of course that trip was inevitable for a number of reasons: The ants have come back so need some new traps; the rains have brought weeds, so I’ll need to get some more of that industrial poison I tell the neighbors is just some vinegar mixture; and the fridge - oy, the fridge... 

So after our last trip to Costco we filled every inch of our fridge’s 28.5 cubic foot capacity which admittedly restricted airflow - which was a bit worrisome as the fridge seemed to settle on temperatures in the mid 50s - before climbing into the low 60s. This gave me time to cycle through the Kübler-Ross stages of fridge-grief Denial - the fridge is fine we just overloaded it. Anger - I hate this fridge! Bargaining - maybe if I move some items around the air can flow and the temp will drop? Depression - we are going to have to throw away all this produce. Acceptance - we need a new fridge. I have to say Lisa was quite good at allowing me to go through all the stages all while checking out new fridges online - she’s much quicker to acceptance than me. 

But I close the day after zooming with some friends, sipping whiskey with Lisa eating pistachio nuts for this is truly the best of all possible worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment