Wednesday, April 22, 2020

April 22, 2020

April 22, 2020 

Today I replenished our fluids - water, liquor, and gasoline. 

Water is made more complicated as we drink “sparkling” in our household (we call it “fuzzy”) which was awesome in the first days of the panic as the Trader Joe’s Sparkling Pamplemousse seemed to be everyone’s last choice beverage for the apocalypse - but as time wore on (and we probably drank up the local supply) it’s been hard to acquire more than a flat. I picked up 2 today which will likely keep us hydrated till May. 

Liquor? Well we’ve slowly been depleting the reserve. Manhattans claimed the rye, Old Fashioned’s the Bourbon, we lacked limes to take on the tequila, but lemons and Sidecars took care of the cognac and triple sec. Negronis made use of the Campari and remaining sweet vermouth. That left Martinis to finish off the gin, the olives, and Gibson’s for the vodka and onions. Apparently we’re too far away to get a delivery from BevMo, but Trader Joe’s once again refilled our cocktail pantry. 

As for the gasoline, we probably could have waited. A quarter tank in the CRV we had already gone 5 weeks at least. Thirty dollars to fill up and now without the daily quest for toilet paper we’re probably fine till sometime in June. This is the most disconcerting to a Californian like myself, used to spending 2-3 hours a day in my car. I should add we’re almost exclusively using Lisa’s car. I only get in mine once a week to move it for street sweeping. I guess at some point I’ll return to the office though there’s not much reason for it now. I guess regardless I’m now ready for May.

No comments:

Post a Comment