Sunday, March 15, 2020

March 15,2020

March 15, 2020 

Still waiting - and as I wait I’ve been thinking of the Kübler-Ross stages of Grief model, that tracks our emotional reactions to loss and change starting with denial moving ultimately to acceptance. It seems as a society we are still stuck in the early stages: 

1) Denial - “the corona virus isn’t that bad for most people, heck the flu is even worse” 

2) Anger - “why are the letting these people in?” or in my case, “where the fuck are the test kits” 

3) Bargaining - “if I wash my hands and limit my contact we’ll come through this okay” or “if I stock up on enough supplies, I can ride this through.” 

The next stage though, number 4), is depression and as two weeks pass and we find we still need more time, I fear for the lonely, the isolated, and the despair that has yet to hit - we will all feel it, and hopefully as it happens we can find ways to comfort each other to get us to the last stage...

Number 5) Acceptance - we’ll be building a new world then, there will be opportunities along with great losses. I hope we all make it there together.

No comments:

Post a Comment