Sunday, March 8, 2020

March 8, 2020

March 8, 2020 

Helped make some kumquat marmalade today. My friends have been hosting this event awhile now as each season their tree yields even more fruit. Mostly I go to see my friends in person - social media only goes so far, but I like that this takes place at the whim of a tree which perhaps predictable in a way, still doesn’t always sync precisely to a clock or calendar. 

 One of the things I seen to notice more as I get older is the way time moves in nature. I follow the planets, the phases of the moon, but also the growing tallness of the trees in our yard, the annual bloom of the Mexican primrose, the spiders making their webs in fall, waves rolling against the shore. It delights me to sense the rhythm of these things, the breath and heartbeat of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment