Sunday, March 22, 2020

March 22, 2020

March 22, 2020 

Lisa’s tests finally came back and she’s negative for COVID-19. Great news, of course last week, when she first tested, a negative result would have meant no need for personal quarantine - but now? Well, now we just had a jump on what everyone else is going through right now for the next 14+ days. Except Lisa could now leave the house, so we drove downtown for take out dinner tonight - we’ll enjoy that luxury while it lasts. 

Everything has evolved so quickly. When I first called in to explain the situation, I was told I wasn’t authorized to work from home, that I had to take vacation time, sick leave or file for FMLA. By the end of the week I was dialing in to status meetings and virtual conference calls with my colleagues and my boss, most of whom were now not allowed to work in our office. Every day is new as we figure out the new routine. 

So tonight I think of resilience, of our ability to rapidly adapt - but also our need to cling to our old ways even as their absurdity gets pointed out to us. We are transforming hopefully will find a way to hold on to the ways that made us better.

No comments:

Post a Comment