Saturday, March 21, 2020

March 21, 2020

March 21, 2020 

I appreciate the weekend more than the weekend on “safe in place”. While I like the opportunity to work from home, my particular version involves using this stopwatch like app that I have to click on and off while I am working to make sure I’m putting in my 8 hours, tracking the time spent on each task within my scheduled work hours - I must maintain my productivity. Anyway I’m glad it’s the weekend. 

No great projects today though I’ve been admiring the works of several. I did however get to read more of the plague which is starting to seem like a user manual for these times. I’m constantly amazed that this work from the last century remains so relevant. Then again have we humans really changed that much? We are still troubled by the same fears and flaws as always. 


Philosophy often criticized as a discipline that never shows any progress - and perhaps that’s because we ourselves have failed to progress. Sure there are advances in technology, and it seems we’ve gotten better about representation - but those advances have never seemed more tenuous now, as people seek comfort in totalitarianism. The pendulum continues to swing. 

Meanwhile, we’re making do pairing red wine with gas station chocolates - grateful for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment